Volunteers are at the heart of our work.
Volunteer work can be an extremely rewarding experience, especially when you choose to share your time and talents with patients, families and staff at Chaplaincy Health Care. Whether you choose to work one-on-one with patients and families, participate in the We Honor Veterans program, or help grieving children and teens through their healing process, you can play an integral role in helping us serve others with impeccable physical, emotional and spiritual care.
When you volunter with Chaplaincy Health Care:
- Comprehensive training is provided to prepare you for your assignment
- Your schedule is up to you; you choose the amount of time you have to give
- Monthly support meetings are offered so volunteers can share experiences and connect with each other.
To sign up now, call (509) 783-7416 or complete the online volunteer application.
Chaplaincy Health Care has a variety of ways you can spend your time. Some involve direct contact with patients and families, while others focus on supporting staff. You can choose the area of support that fits best with your talents and schedule.
Below are several ways that you can help:
Is volunteering right for me?
Volunteering with Chaplaincy Health Care is a unique, rewarding community service experience. One of the most valuable skills our volunteers possess is compassion. Here are some things you may want to consider before you apply.
- Can I make a commitment to be there for others?
- How much time am I reasonably able to give? (some programs require a minimum time commitment)
- Am I open to continue learning about myself as I learn more about Chaplaincy Health Care and the different volunteer experiences?
- Where will my strengths be put to the best use?
- Are my goals compatible with Chaplaincy Health Care’s mission, vision and purpose?
How do I get started?
The easiest way is to submit an application online. You can also call (509) 783-7416 to schedule a time to meet with our volunteer coordinator.
After we receive your information we will contact you to schedule an interview. After completing the interview and successfully passing the screening process, you will participate in a comprehensive training session prior to starting your volunteer duties. Additional training opportunities are offered throughout the year.
If you have questions or would like more information, we are here to help. Call us at (509) 783-7416.
“When I volunteer at the hospice house I know that even the smallest thing I do makes a difference.”
“It doesn’t matter if I’m helping the nurses by making breakfast for a patient, visiting with a family or doing laundry. I just feel good knowing that whatever I do at the hospice house, makes someone’s life a little easier or a little brighter. When my shift is over, that good feeling stays with me all day long.”