- This event has passed.
Aging America | Coping with Loss, Dying, and Death in Later Life
June 5 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pmFREE
Join us Wednesday, June 5, for an in-depth discussion on innovative programs and new approaches to support older adults.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe both strengths and challenges that older persons face as they deal with loss in later life
- Describe the ways that loss and grief may affect the health of older persons
- Discuss constraints to older persons’ utilization of support groups and counseling and assess strategies to encourage use of appropriate services
- Describe factors that may complicate advance care planning and end-of-life decisions in older persons
- Describe the ways ensuring the ethical principles of autonomy, beneficence and justice should be balanced in complex cases
- Discuss how comprehensive care planning can help manage chronic illness and improve outcomes for older adults
- Discuss life review and other interventive strategies to assist dying and bereaved persons in later life
2.5 hours of CE credit are available through HFA for nurses, social workers, counselors, clergy, and more. The CE cost is $21 per certificate. CE credits are available until March 11, 2020. Please verify CE availability with your professional board and/or refer to HFA’s list of Board Approvals - click here.